3.30.2011

Tidy Mind, Tidy Stitches - 2KCBWDAY3


(To read more posts on this topic from bloggers all around the net, simply enter the code 2KCBWDAY3 into your search engine of choice)

I have been looking forward to today's topic, mainly because I'm nosy and love to see other knitters' goodies and how they organize it. As for my own methods of dealing with the stash? Display the pretty and hide the rest would be a good way to sum it up. This is what greets me when I open the front door.

yes, the rooster watering can is also full of yarn

and Henry is still nagging me about his lack of limbs
Yarn and knitting needles at the ready, warm and welcoming. Plus I get to give unsuspecting visitors impromptu knitting lessons. The yarns change with the seasons and my mood. The rest of the stash is hidden away in my bedroom, mainly behind this large screen.

 

There are actually two more bins in the closet which were too heavy for me to lift. One of these days, I will attempt to catalog what I have. For now, the yarns are randomly thrown into what container has the most spare space. I am a little more organized when it comes to my knitting and crafting books. This is mainly due to my husband's insistence that we have a designated library space. Otherwise there would be books in the bathtub.


As for my beloved circulars and patterns, I try to throw them into their respective cases. Somehow, they still manage to end up underneath the couch.


Here is my pride and joy. It was a splurge, but I love it.

Namaste Zuma knitting bag in peacock
Want a peek inside?

Travel knitting essentials include 1) Namaste buddy case with various notions 2) Addi clicks 3) mini Stitchdots markers with sock purse 4) Knitterella notepad 5) mints 6) the knit kit 7) LaviShea lotion bar 8) lemon lip balm 9) pocketbac
and 10) a small travel project, of course!




14 comments:

  1. I love that the rooster is full of yarn, too. Looks like a lovely set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post. I love the decor in your home and the vases holding the needles are awesome. The sock that became a purse also is cute..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of yarn as decor. So pretty. (hmmm, I have already hijacked the clothing budget for yarn, maybe I could get my hands on the decorating budget too?)
    I have a namaste bag in the same colour but different style. It feels so fancy : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/30/2011

    Your screen is so pretty I love it XD the rooster watering can is really cool too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bags! Especially the sock purse, it's so cute and tiny! Thanks for sharing about your space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would soooo love to leave yarn out in baskets, but my kitties would think I bought out a toy store just for them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so organized...now I feel shamed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want one of those rooster watering cans to store yarn in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3/30/2011

    How very, very tidy -- I love it! I also think it's so nice that you have some of your yarn and accessories on full display. Anyone who comes to your home knows instantly what you love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your screen, that is so beautiful, and practical too LOL. I thought about requesting a Namaste bag for my birthday, is it worth the cash?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the beautiful baskets you have for your yarn. Makes me want to sit next to one and start knitting from it. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your methods of organizing make everything so beautiful! I especially love the rooster watering can. I have a rooster shaped plant bin, and I think it will be holding yarn instead of plants very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4/14/2011

    I envy anyone who can keep their yarn out in the open like that. Showing off gorgeous yarn! My cats keep me from this possibility.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!