12.07.2011

My List for Holiday Knitting

The holiday gift knitting is in full swing! And just like every December past, I feel slightly behind in everything. But the key theme for this season is to Keep It Simple. So with that in mind, I have come up with a list of criteria for my 2011 gift knitting. Each gift must be:

1) Fast. Because there is a deadline.

2) Simple. Because I do not have time to get into a fight with a project when said deadline is looming over my head.

3) Fun (or at least as fun as an item knitted for someone other than myself can be). Because I tend to knit multiples of a project and have no wish to poke my eyes out with boredom after the third ______.
(fill in the blank)

4) Useful. Because no knitted gift of mine should end up buried in a recipient's dirty sock drawer. And if it does, I don't want to know.

Given all of the above, my choices for this holiday season are:


Windschief Hat by Stephen West. I loved knitting my hubby's Windschief neck warmer and it was very well received (see #4 above). Plus after making four Botanic Hats last Christmas, I felt a little nostalgic and decided to go with another westknits hat pattern. The Turn a Square Hat was also in the running.


Double Bump Dishcloths. These are for Grandma L. (my MIL). Definitely fast and simple, although a little boring. Perfect holiday movie knitting. And wait till you see what I am pairing these up with. One down, several more to go.


Fingerless Mitts. I am using this great basic pattern as a starting point. These will be for my two nieces. Hopefully these mitts will be cool and stylish enough to be worn at least once. One pair down, one more to go.

And if I have time, I might whip up some of these for my sister and SIL's. Quick but gorgeous, right?

For more holiday knitting and crochet ideas, go to WIP Wednesday with TAMI'S AMIS. Happy gift knitting everyone!

11 comments:

  1. I love your list - too bad I didn't use those screening criteria before starting my sister's blanket! All of your projects look wonderful so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the purple color of your hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reason #2!!! Hope all your plans get knit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are lovely choices. I am planning to make about a million fingerless gloves but I'm already fed up with them so I may have a change of plan.
    I hope your holiday knitting goes well and look forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12/07/2011

    The windschief hat looks awesome- I might have to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12/07/2011

    WOW! Great choices all around! You are going to have some happy people Christmas day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12/07/2011

    Not sure how else to contact you....but you are one of the winners of the snowmen from my blog post last week. (The Candyman and JayBob just pulled your name!) If you send me your mailing address, I'll have your little guy in the mail pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had come up with the quick proviso - a giant cardigan in 2x2 rib is driving me insane with the deadline looming ;)

    Thanks for the ideas though, there are still a couple of gifts that need some thought and I think you may have given me such much needed inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice gifts! I decided this year to not knit any gifts! There are two I am knitting, but I told recipients they would get them after Christmas / before the end of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your projects, they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome roundup! I'm always looking for last minute gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!