9.21.2012

yarn & bicycles

One of my goals for this year is to get back in shape. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people (like my hubby) who love to exercise for its own sake. There are always other things that I rather be doing, like eating, reading, listening to music or knitting. But the other day, I had a moment of inspiration. Why not combine exercise with something enjoyable? It was a beautiful day so I decided to pack a lunch & a small crochet project and ride my bike to a little dock at the eastern end of the island.


It was so peaceful sitting next to the water and looking at the boats sailing back and forth. I didn't even mind the bike ride back. So weather permitting, I hope to make this an afternoon routine on my days off. And the crochet project?


It is a smaller version of the blooming flower cushion from Attic24. Instead of a pillow cushion, I ended up putting it here:


Having a bicycle decked out in yarn is just more motivation for me to exercise, right?


(check out FO Friday at Tami's blog for more knitting and crochet fun)

9 comments:

  1. I LOVe thiS!!! Maybe if I "bombed" my bike, I'd drag it out more!! You're always an inspiration!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the cutest bike I've ever seen. I love the crochet flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Combining exercise in the fresh air with your love of crochet is perfect. Now if only I could knit while I run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I can't believe how much cuteness your flower adds to your bike. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bike! The flower makes it look even cuter. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have a love/hate relationship with exercise, but I'd ride that bike. The flower makes it even cuter. That's a happy F.O.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. I've been thinking of hooking up my bike with crochet to motivate me to ride it more, and I love the blooming flower idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute. I'm glad you rediscovered the joy of biking! It's fun, good exercise and it gets you places to boot.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!