1.22.2014

quick recap of vkl

the view of Times Square from my room

Tomorrow reality sets in again with my first day back to work. But today I am still daydreaming about what an amazingly fun vacation it has been. Vogue Knitting Live was so cool on so many levels. The best part was meeting and socializing with a bunch of friendly & fun loving knitters from different parts of the country (one as far away as Alaska!). Knitters are the best people! I also had a chance to meet up and go out to dinner with an internet friend :)

Siljan Mittens by Nancy Bush

My second favorite part of the event were the two day long classes that I took with Nancy Bush (on twined knitting) and Franklin Habit (on different colorwork techniques). Both are awesome teachers who are passionate about passing their knowledge onto new knitters. I am very excited to apply some of these new techniques to my knitting and to share them in more detail with you.

Riverside Studio Yarns from Quebec

Matryoshka doll shawl pin from Michelles Assortment & bird buttons from Incomparable Buttons

As you can see from the above two pictures, the third best part was the Marketplace. So many terrific vendors, so little time to shop. Plus, it was super busy. But I did manage to get my greedy hands on some new-to-me yarns and pretty little notions. Aren't the buttons adorable? They, along with the woven basket below, were handcrafted in Africa.

Camp Out Mitts

Lastly, it was simply wonderful to knit knit knit without interruption. I love my two guys, but sometimes a girl just wants to knit have fun! Lots of things came off the needles this week and I am excited to show them off on Friday. Until then, I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on!

7 comments:

  1. sounds like a GREAT getaway!!!!! so glad you had fun great treasures (souvenir yarn!!! love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely time! Those bird buttons are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fabulous time, and great souvenirs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky girl! Sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me long to get back to another Stitches event. But my closet doesn't need more yarn!!! So maybe just go for the company of knitters? I have bought a few of the baskets at the markets, and would love to have more!!! Baskets are my weakness. Wait, yarn is my weakness. No patterns are...OK everything in market is my weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wish we had a chance to meet up but I know we will one day. Lovely trinkets you bought and I'm looking forward to seeing all your FOs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great time! I wish there were such interesting classes to learn from not so far away from me.
    I can't wait to see your FO's!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!