3.20.2016

lowbrow cowl

Lowbrow Cowl

Happy Sunday! It's been a lovely quiet one so far. Planning on catching up with my blog reading sprinkled with some cozy sock knitting and comfort food eating :) With Easter just one week away, I figured it was past time to finish the last of the Christmas 2015 knits, so I spent the morning doing just that. I love how this turned out and it was a fun project once I dedicated some time to it. My only regret (well, besides that it's several months overdue) is that I had to use a 100% acrylic yarn since the recipient is allergic to wool. Although knitpicks Brava is quite nice to knit with and is very soft & cozy. Plus you can't beat the ease of care. The cowl is a versatile size but I think it looks best worn as a single loop in order to show off the pretty leaves.

Wrapping up this project has me looking ahead to this year's Christmas Knitting. Every year I tell myself to get an early start but it never happens. When do you usually start your holiday knitting? A 100% handmade Christmas has always been a dream of mine since I started knitting again after college. Maybe one day!

8 comments:

  1. I never do Christmas knitting, well I say I never do. LOL But most of the time I end up cranking out one or two. But I really do not ever start them in time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous! I hope your recipient loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cowl is stunning, I don't think I've seen the design before- what a beautiful gift! Glad to hear a review on Brava, I haven't tried it before. Sometimes there are amazing blends, and the ease of care is important when gifting to non-knitters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I did an all handmade Christmas once, and only once. I was unemployed at the time, I could never find the time now though. I like to sprinkle a few homemade things into the mix, and it or ally start them in August.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cowl so much! I've used the Brava for some blankets for friends, and I've generally been very impressed with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. This one was definitely worth the wait for you holiday recipient. It turned out lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitch pattern! It turned out just perfect! I am not even thinking about Christmas yet, but you are right, it's better to start early!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful and I say show off those leaves! I try to really NOT make a Christmas knitting list or I limit to just a few things because I never start with enough time.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!