4.05.2017

the doodler


No this isn't a belated April Fool's joke....I actually finished something :) And it's not a pair of socks! I think this shawl has been on the needles since autumn of 2015. Not sure why it took me so long to finish since the pattern is wonderfully fun to knit. I remember making a mistake on the cabled section which set me behind on the mkal. And then it was cast aside because of holiday knitting. So happy to have it off the needles at last. Now if only my other WIPs could magically be done. It feels like ages since I casted on for anything new! Which leads to me buying All Of The Yarn.



Oh the vicious cycle of a bored knitter :p

7 comments:

  1. that is a stunning shawl, it reminds me of butterfly wings! And how satisfying it is when a pattern calls for a variety of fingering weight skeins, a great opportunity to stash dive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love that fresh FO feeling and all the new knitting feeling that comes with it! I'm right there with you. I finally cast off that baby blanket. My knitting day dreams are wild and like you they include a pair of socks and then some ... :) happy Knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shawl! Congratulations on a great finish...now on to the next projects......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4/08/2017

    What a looker this shawl is. You'll get compliments for sure every time you wear it. I'll have to add that pattern to my Rav faves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying hard to not be a bored knitter, which is hard when you are not hardly knitting and the stuff on the needles REALLY does not thrill anymore! Staying off of yarn lists and websites and out of stores does help. Visiting knitting blogs DOES NOT help! Lovely doddle you got there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It came out so pretty!! Sometimes these long time WIPs can be incredibly satisfying to finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That blue is just so gorgeous! Lovely finish :)

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!