5.31.2017

campside shawl




Wow I can't believe that I have another finished knit to show you two weeks in a row! This is the campside shawl which is a pattern that has been in my queue for a long time now. I honestly didn't know if this gradient yarn (Rifton from Jill Draper Makes Stuff) would be the right choice for it but these spring colors were irresistible and I had to cast on. So glad that I did....the color changes kept the knitting interesting. I love the finished shawl and can't wait to wear it while sitting across a campfire roasting marshmallows. It's a terrific free pattern from pompom quarterly and I wouldn't hesitate to knit another one, maybe in a tonal or solid color next time. I'm so happy to have found a pattern for this beautiful yarn which was purchased a few years ago at Maryland Sheep & Wool. Speaking of which, remember this picture from three years ago?


I had jokingly told my husband after coming home from MSW that I should have let him invest in bitcoins like he had wanted. Well, unbeknownst to me, he had used his own money to buy a few just for fun and today he told me that one bitcoin is now worth $2000.00! That's a whole lot of yarn!

7 comments:

  1. WOW....look at you go, girl!!! Love the shawl....although I must admit I can't imagine ever being cool enough to wear a shawl by the campfire. (Hate being so hot natured....not a happy place for a knitter!) Bitcoin? I'm so out of it. Never heard of this....but I see lots of pretty yarn in your future!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous finish. Love the colors in your shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shawl, such pretty colors and I think they totally work with that pattern! Who would have guessed about bitcoins (regrettably not me)!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this shawl. The colours are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the color gradient looks fantastic with this pattern! Gives me an idea on what to knit with one of my gradients! -Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shawl! I think the pairing turned out really well! Your husband sounds like mine. He better give you your "yarn cut". hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your campside shawl! I've been meaning to make that forever, too. Love the yarn you chose!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!